Stained & Discoloured Teeth
Teeth may become discoloured with age, or stained over time by dietary influences such as tea, coffee, red wine and smoking. Tooth whitening is a safe, highly effective way to restore them to their original condition. At Burwell we currently offer two types of teeth whitening systems to suit the individual.
If you are self-conscious about the shade of your teeth or if you have staining on some of your teeth, professional teeth whitening treatment is a safe and recommended option for you to consider. Here is how teeth whitening works:
- You will be assessed for the type of staining your teeth have.
- A custom tray is made to fit snugly over your teeth.
- The teeth whitening process is activated by a bleaching agent, which is inserted into the custom tray that transfers it onto your teeth.
Home teeth whitening kits are also available to lighten the teeth more gradually. In this case, the trays with bleaching agent can be worn overnight. With all whitening treatment, individual results will vary and are dependant on your initial tooth colour and the nature of your tooth staining.
- Effective solution for certain types of tooth discolouration and staining.
- Safe treatment when delivered by a dental professional.
- Cosmetically enhances the appearance of teeth.