If you require a filling in your tooth, a cosmetic option would be to choose a white filling material that matches the shade of your surrounding natural teeth. You can also have any existing metallic fillings replaced with tooth-coloured or 'white' fillings. This will allow you to smile without a metallic glint in sight, giving your teeth a more natural appearance overall. Here is how white fillings work:
- This is a safe procedure that entails the removal of any decay from your tooth, and taking out the metal or amalgam fillings if you are having them replaced.
- The new filling is made from a very hard tooth-coloured substance and will withstand the forces in your mouth when you bite and chew over a long period of time.
- The restoration is completed in one visit and your fillings will not be visible when you smile.
- Natural-looking restoration.
- Improved cosmetic appearance of filled teeth while still being able to bite and chew as usual.
- Hard-wearing restorative solution.
We offer a choice of amalgam (metal) or white fillings – these new 'composite' materials make it much easier to find the perfect shade to match to your teeth. We aim to replace fillings that have become worn or are leaking, but would only recommend wholesale replacement under very special circumstances.Back to How can we Help?